General Campus Rules
General Campus Rules:Newhart Middle School is proud of its students and their behavior. High Standards are set for the students both academically and behaviorally. In order to attain these high standards and keep privileges, students are expected to show respect toward one another and all adults, thus creating a positive learning environment.
- Cell phones must be turned off and out of sight at all times while on campus
(unless specifically directed otherwise by a teacher).
- Be in your seat and ready to learn when the bell rings to start class.
- Follow CUSD Dress Code guidelines at all times.
- Follow our school Positive Behavior Matrix at all times.
- Do not play games that are dangerous (rough-housing, tackle football, play fighting).
- Cameras are not allowed on campus without administrative permission.
- Leave expensive electronics or toys at home such as cell phones, I-pods, handheld games, mp3 players, sporting equipment, etc. FNMS is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items that a student has brought from home.
- Students may not bring laser pens, spray paint, Sharpies, paint pens, or other permanent markers to school.
- Bicycles are only permitted to be ridden to school. Students MUST wear a helmet. Skateboards,
rollerblades, razors, etc. are not allowed on campus at any time.
- Throwing objects (food, water bottles, pencils, rubber bands, rocks, etc.) is not allowed.
- Weapons (including toy versions of these objects), tobacco products (including e-cigs), drugs, or drug paraphernalia are forbidden.
- No loitering, exit campus promptly when school ends (unless assigned to Homework Club or After School Detention). We can provide supervision for only 10 minutes after school.
Lockers will be issued on student schedules. Each student is responsible for the upkeep and cleanliness of the locker. Lockers are not to be shared unless students are directed by the administration. Students are responsible for all items stored in their locker. Locker combinations should not be shared with anybody except parents of the student. Students are required to keep their belongings in their locker when they go to PE. The school is not responsible for the loss or damage to any property, including cell phones, iPods, or other electronic devices brought to school. School administration reserves the right to search lockers if there is suspicion of illegal, dangerous, or stolen property. Any misuse of lockers may result in the loss of your locker privilege.
- No stickers or tape – only magnetic devices to hold up pictures, notes, etc.
- No storage of food to prevent ants.
- No open containers with liquid (will leak to the bottom lockers).
- No sharing lockers or combinations.
- Be sure to check books when it rains to make sure they are dry.
- Do not leave valuables in lockers.
Students may not participate in any field trip without a signed permission slip. Any students with a D or F or excessive absences will not be permitted to attend field trips. Students with home suspensions or excessive discipline may be prohibited from attending field trips. Students are expected to follow all school and district rules while on field trips. Students who do not follow school and district rules will be subject to disciplinary action and may be prohibited from attending future field trips.
Any forgotten items such as homework, P.E. clothes, lunches or lunch money will not be delivered to the student’s classroom in an effort to protect instructional time and limit distractions. All items must be dropped off in the attendance office and will remain until picked up by the student. The attendance window is located on the left side of the office and the student’s name will be posted on the window for item pick-up. Students are not permitted to meet cars or parents in the parking lot during school hours.
VISITORS: *All visitors must sign in at the office.