Welcome To Physical Education with Mrs. Hiraga
- Please read the rules and guidelines with your parents and return the Parent Information form, completed, with parent and student signatures, back to me no later than Thursday, August 17.
- Familiarize yourself with the Make Up work Options and where to get the needed forms (Mrs. Hiraga's cart and/or in the digital locker in PE 7 Classroom Locker or on Mrs. Hiraga's PE Website).
- Have your first and last name written on your PE clothes and your locker combination memorized by Monday, August 22nd.
How to make up an Absence in PE
How to Make up an ABSENCE ON ACTIVITY DAY (NON-RUN DAYS)
- You may choose to complete either the
- 40 Minute Workout (Outside of School) or
- Article Summary on a Fitness/Health Related Article.
- Get the form(s) from the Forms Box located on your P.E. teacher’s cart or download it from School Loop.
- The forms/summaries must be completed and turned in within ONE WEEK of your absence.
How to Make up an ABSENCE ON CARDIO ROOM DAY
- Download the form in the PE locker in school loop. Complete and turn in within one week for full credit.
How to Make up a RUN
- Make-up Runs will be Tuesday mornings with Mrs. Osborne’s 0 Period. Meet in front of the locker rooms at 7:45. Make sure you sign in with Mrs. Osborne, complete the make up run and make sure you get your time recorded.
- You must make up the run before the end of the quarter, but do not procrastinate because before you know it, the quarter will be over.
How to Make up an SICKNESS / INJURY on an ACTIVITY DAY- But you are still present in class
- Your P.E. teacher will give you a fitness article to read and summarize for the class period. It is due at the end of class. If not finished at the end of class, talk to your P.E. teacher about getting an extension to turn it in the next day.
- It is your responsibility to turn it in the very next day. If you do not turn it in the following day, you will not receive any credit for the participation missed.
How to Make up an SICKNESS / INJURY on a RUN DAY- But you are still present in class
- During class your P.E. teacher will give you a fitness article to read and summarize for the class period. It is due at the end of class. If not finished at the end of class, talk to your P.E. teacher about getting an extension to turn it in the next day. This will only give you participation credit for the day. You also must make up the run after school.
- You must still MAKE UP the RUN
All students are required to dress out for PE everyday (even when excused by a parent’s note) unless their teacher directs them otherwise.
- P.E. Uniform:
- Newhart Logo P.E. T-shirt or PLAIN Red Crewneck T-Shirt
- Newhart Logo P.E. Shorts or PLAIN Black Athletic Shorts (Must have at least a 9-inch inseam and meet dress code length requirements. NO POCKETS.)
- Newhart Logo P.E. Sweatshirt or PLAIN black crewneck sweatshirt- NO HOODS, NO BUTTONS, NO ZIPPERS
- Newhart Logo. P.E. Sweatpants or PLAIN black sweatpants- NO YOGA PANTS OR TIGHTS
- Athletic Shoes with laces
- Student’s name must always be visible on the front of the PE uniform.
- Uniforms will be taken home EVERY FRIDAY and washed. Loaner clothes WILL NOT be issued.
- For the safety of all, no jewelry shall be worn in Physical Education classes.
- Defacing a school uniform (i.e. drawing/writing on it or tearing it) will result in required replacement at the parent’s/guardian’s expense and disciplinary action.
NON-SUITS AND INAPPROPRIATE PE UNIFORMS
All students are responsible and dress in their PE Uniform daily. Students who fail to dress in the proper uniform will be subject to consequences.
The following list is a guide of some of the MOST COMMON VIOLATIONS that are NOT ACCEPTABLE.
- Wearing another student’s PE clothing
- Wearing school clothes or undershirts under PE clothing
- Wearing Ugg Boots, Toms, Sandals, Flats or other inappropriate footwear
- Wearing jackets and flannels (be prepared with appropriate clothes for cold weather)
- Not having name written on PE uniform.
MEDICAL EXCUSES/ PARENT NOTES
- If a student is unable to participate fully in class due to illness or injury, a note must be written by the parent or legal guardian on the day that the student is to be excused or have participation modified.
- Medical / Parent notes should be given to the student’s PE teacher immediately upon arriving to class.
- Medical / Parent notes must include the following information:
- Date written
- Dates of excuse (1-3 days)
- Specific limitations or modifications
- Parent daytime phone number (if parent note)
- If the illness or injury persists longer than three days, a MEDICAL NOTE is required as well as the Clarification of Medical Impairment form.
- Medical notes must be written by a medical doctor on their office form / letterhead.